Tent & Canopy Rental Agreement
Tent & Canopy Rental Agreement
Thank you for choosing Taylor True Value of Port Jefferson, referred to as “Taylor” in this agreement.
The following represents our rental requirements. By executing this agreement, you agree to the following:
- Taylor is not responsible for damage to underground sprinkler lines, wires, pipes, septic tanks or other hidden objects.
- Taylor is not responsible for scrapes, scratches, or marking to patio, deck, or driveway surfaces when installing frame tents.
- Taylor reserves the right to cancel or remove equipment due to severe weather conditions or other acts of God or nature at any time during the rental period.
- Whether the installation of the equipment occurs on private or public property, proper care and maintenance of the equipment is the responsibility of the customer. Renter is responsible for all damages due to carelessness, neglect, misuse, theft, vandalism, and/or any other actions in the use and maintenance of the equipment.
- A 20% initial payment (deposit) is required with the return of the executed copy of this agreement. All balances are due prior to delivery.
- Tents and canopies have been treated for water repellence; however, no tent is 100% waterproof or air tight.
- Taylor is not required to return to customer’s home or event location to move equipment if customer is not available at time of delivery to advise installers of designated installation area. If requested to return to job site, additional fees will be charged to customer.
- Taylor will install and dismantle all heavy equipment such as canopies, tents, staging and lighting. Other items such as tables, chairs and linens are to be set up by the customer or caterer unless otherwise agreed in contract/invoice. Tables must be folded, chairs must be stacked or bagged to avoid breakdown fee unless otherwise agreed in contract.
- All permits and permit fees, including but not limited to, fire permits, building permits, special events permits, city, state or local municipal permits (including any code requirements such as fire safety equipment) are the responsibility of the customer to procure at its sole cost and expense.
- Taylor has a 4 week ( 1-calenar month ) cancellation policy. If your order is cancelled within 4 weeks of your event date then your deposit or payment shall be forfeited in full.
- All changes to rental agreement must be made 7 days prior to event date. Additions to your order are subject to availability. Reductions to your order, with less than 7 days notice prior to event date, will not be accepted.
This agreement must be signed and returned to process your order.
This agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of New York and any claim, dispute or lawsuit arising out of the interpretation or enforcement of this agreement shall be brought in either the state or federal courts located in the County of Suffolk, State of New York. Taylor will be entitled to recover all court costs and reasonable attorney fees in connection with any claim, dispute or litigation arising out of the interpretation or enforcement of this agreement.
Event Date: ________________________
Agreement # : ________________________
Customer Name (please print):
Customer Signature: ____________________________________________
Port Jefferson Rental Center, Inc. d/b/a - Taylor True Value Rental
555-5 Hallock Avenue, Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776